Saturday, October 20, 2012

DIP DYE


Hello ! As you can see, my post is gonna be about dipdye ! yay :D
I always wanted to try dip dye and ombre , so this is it.
(Yes I know I know . It's soooooo outdated like, last year's trend, but I still want to try this dipdye because , I just felt like it :D )

Dip Dye is actually a hairstyle, I shall say? It's like hair that haven't gone for dye touch up for a few years and your natural hair is growing on top while the dyed hair is down.It looks good only when you have colours that go together with each other. For blondes, ANY colour goes well for blonde. But for dark haired people, I guess light brown/blonde and red goes best.

How to dip dye at home? It's easy. Really. All you need is :
Aluminium foil
Toothbrush/dyeing brush
Gloves
A plastic bowl
Bleach powder and peroxide (For dark haired. If you're blonde,you may have to bleach it if you want pastel colours)
Hair dye( The dipdye colour you have chosen)
White conditioner(If you want to soften the colour)

(I dip dyed my hair myself, and it was too hard for me to take picture every step I go. So bare with me alright (: )

Before starting, make sure everything is already set and ready because what you dont want to happen is dyeing your hair half way and need to stop to get something. Even your phone, in case you have a new follower in Twitter ! HAHAHA.


Starting with mixing the bleach and the peroxide.In a plastic bowl, Stir it till you get the icing-like mixture . Now, tie your hair with a rubber band to your desired length of your dip dye.

Using the brush, brush over you ends.Make sure each strand of your hair gets the bleach. Oh, remember to put on an old clothe or wrap a plastic/old towel over you.

Wrap your hair with the aluminium foil after applying the bleach.

Leave it in for an hour or so. You can even heat it with a hair dryer which makes the bleach work faster.

After an hour, wash it completely and conditioner it.

This is how my hair looks like after bleaching it.

Now, the fun part ! :D
Make sure your hair is completely dry. For me, I let my hair rest for a night and dyed it the next day. My chosen colour is purple, so I squeezed the purple dye into a clean plastic bowl.I didn't want my hair to be striking bright purple, so I added some white conditioner that I found in my toilet cupboard that belonged to some students who left. Why waste it when I need it, right? :D
Adding white conditioner makes the colour less bright and striking. If your hair is bleached to the point where it is completely white, adding white conditioner to the hair dye can form a pastel colour on your hair !

Same thing, mix it in the bowl and brush it all over to your bleached ends. After that, wrap it again with aluminium foil. Don't reuse the one you used for bleaching =.=

Some products require an hour, some only 30 minutes. Look at the back of your tube/container to make sure you're doing it right.

Lastly, wash it off, shampoo and conditioner your hair as usual. Dry your hair, look into the mirror and touch your hair with joy :D YAY.

So, this is the result for my dip dye.

With Flash

Without flash

Yes , I have super long hair now :D After sooooo long.(':


Just pictures of my hair oh my god please be jealous . I love this shade.

Now, a picture of vain me to end this post. Goodnight ! 



1 comment: